Holiday Trends for this coming Season!
The seasons are a changing and with it comes the next celebration. In order to stay ahead of the curve, making sure you keep up to date on the latest fads, trends and designer experiences, one only needs to look at the list of holidays to fully understand the monumental task.
These Seasonal holiday trends often reflect cultural influences, changes in society, and evolving consumer preferences. Here’s some of the top holiday trends we are seeing heading into the next times of celebration:
- Decorations: Traditional holiday colors like red, green, and gold are classic, but contemporary trends may introduce non-traditional colors or themes.
- Eco-Friendly: Sustainable and eco-friendly Christmas decorations and gift wrapping have gained popularity.
- DIY and Handmade Gifts: Personalized and homemade gifts have become trendy as they add a personal touch.
- Minimalism: Some people opt for minimalist and simple decor, favoring Scandinavian or “Hygge” inspired styles.
- Experiences over Gifts: Many are leaning towards gifting experiences like trips or tickets to events instead of physical items.
- Costumes: Costume trends often align with pop culture, featuring characters from recent movies or TV shows.
- Decorations: People enjoy decorating their homes with spooky themes, but elegant and vintage Halloween decor is also on-trend.
- DIY: Homemade Halloween decorations and costumes are popular, as they allow for creativity and personalization.
- Healthy Treats: Health-conscious Halloween treats and non-food alternatives (like stickers or small toys) have become trendy.
- Decorations: Pastel colors, spring flowers, and Easter eggs are classic, but modern trends might incorporate more vibrant colors and unique designs.
- Alternative Easter Baskets: People are exploring alternatives to the traditional Easter basket, such as reusable totes or themed containers.
- Non-Candy Gifts: Instead of excessive candy, there’s a trend towards giving non-candy gifts like books, toys, or experiences.
Independence Day (4th of July):
- Patriotic Decor: Red, white, and blue decorations are a classic, but themed decor featuring stars and stripes is trendy.
- Outdoor Celebrations: Picnics, barbecues, and outdoor gatherings are popular.
- Firework Alternatives: Due to environmental concerns and noise, some people prefer alternatives to traditional fireworks, like laser light shows or silent fireworks.
New Year’s Eve:
- Themed Parties: Themed parties with unique dress codes or specific decorations are popular.
- Resolution Alternatives: Some individuals focus on intentions, affirmations, or one-word themes instead of traditional resolutions.
- Non-Alcoholic Options: Mocktails and non-alcoholic beverages have gained traction as people look for healthier drink options.
As we head into this holiday season, pausing and reflecting is so important instead of just rushing. The holidays are an important time to slow down and enjoy the time with family and friends. We love to welcome in each new holiday.
The Homestead Metal Family